28 or 35mm bore Armaflex for 32mm MDPE pipe?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Might look like a bit of a stupid question, but I'm installing a new 32mm MDPE supply pipe and I'm not sure what bore insulation to choose.
Having looked at the spec sheet, it seems that 28mm bore is good for up to 31.5mm pipe.
The 35mm bore insulation is good for 35mm onwards (obviously).

I don't want to make a mistake and order the wrong stuff as it's going to cost about £50 for 10 metres!

I'm wondering if the extra 0.5mm over and above the recommended 31.5mm will be too much, or if I should just go for the 35mm and accept that it won't be a tight fit?

Any advice appreciated.
Cheers!

Sponsored Links
If you're gonna push 10m of unslit lengths over your 32.....use the 35.

Actally, use the 35 anyway. Unless you like a good struggle.

Thanks for the advice.

Yep, I was going to go for the unslit lengths.

I'm assuming the extra air gap between the pipe and the insulation which I'll get with the 35mm bore won't cause a problem as long as the joins between lengths are taped?

Why do you need to insulate 10m of pipe with expensive lagging :confused:

Sponsored Links
It's to protect a new water supply pipe which will run from the front of my house to the back, under the suspended floor.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back