Baxi Solo 2 50pf ignition

R

ringy1

Hi my baxi solo 2 50pf boiler when turned on takes ages to fire up. It can spark upto 30 time before the pilot lights? Is there something wrong with it or is this normal? if i turn the boiler off and turn back on straight away the pilot lights straight away. Is a part failing?

Sponsored Links
It only takes ages for the pilot to light when the boiler has not being turned on in a good while but if i turn it off and then turn it back on the pilot lights straight away must be the gas valve sticking. Ill change that :D Thanks for the heads up

It only takes ages for the pilot to light when the boiler has not being turned on in a good while but if i turn it off and then turn it back on the pilot lights straight away must be the gas valve sticking. Ill change that :D Thanks for the heads up

As you are not gas registered then you should not be touching any gas carying parts as you well know!

Sponsored Links

You go ahead and waste yer money. :D

YOU said it was the gas valve - nobody else did.
I can think of 3 other things more likely.
Don't forget to adjust the gas valve properly and check the flue gas analysis after, or you might wreck your boiler, burn your house down, die, and that.

Now I've thought of another 3...

I have cleaned and checked the electrode and checked gap (3mm) I have checked the injector is not blocked. solenoid is good 5 K OHM. Im getting 230v to gas valve. I then connect a manometer to inlet test point to gas valve let in 20mbar of gas and turned off ECV and turned on boiler and my manometer did not drop. Looks like i am right ;)

Then go ahead and change the valve if you feel lucky. Better still get someone who knows what they're doing, to ensure your safety.

Changed gas valve, working perfect now. Checked burner pressure 16mbar (within range) and i also did a let by and tightness test after. All good :D Thanks for all your help lads ;)

Hey OP how many boilers have you got. You appear to have also "worked" on a Vokera Linea and a Potty Profile 50?

Unless of course you live in a large property/have a second home/swimming pool etc?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back