Biasi combi boiler 30c with Salus RT500RF

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In cold frosts lately the Biasi boiler, not quite a year old, is not firing up when requested by Salus thermostat. When i come in to the house and realise rads cold no heating i have to turn the hot water tap on for 30secs and then the boiler fires up!

This has only happened in the cold, have had engineer out but so far all has worked when he is present, am i missing something any help suggestions gladly welcome :confused:

Sponsored Links
I have an idea of the likely cause but as its on warrantee thats irrelevant. What I am thinking of would not normally be covered by the warrantee though as its caused by an installation error.

Tony

I have an idea of the likely cause but as its on warrantee thats irrelevant. What I am thinking of would not normally be covered by the warrantee though as its caused by an installation error.

Tony

Thanks Tony but what is your idea as i have had the service guy out and he still is not sure what the problem is!

Tony

Thanks Tony but what is your idea as i have had the service guy out and he still is not sure what the problem is!

Can you recommend what to do next please, very concerned thank you

Sponsored Links
In cold frosts lately the Biasi boiler, not quite a year old, is not firing up when requested by Salus thermostat. When i come in to the house and realise rads cold no heating i have to turn the hot water tap on for 30secs and then the boiler fires up!

This has only happened in the cold, have had engineer out but so far all has worked when he is present, am i missing something any help suggestions gladly welcome :confused:

Where is the boiler located?

If all is well when the heating engineer is called out, I would look towards a frost thermostat if the problem is only when is it cold, as I dont think these boilers have frost protection in-built.

All Biasi boilers have built in frost protection based on internal sensors.

Tony

Biasi 24 x doesn't have frost protection built in to the boiler.

Garda models M90FXXXX don't have frost protection
(if a frost stat is to be fitted then connections are to be made between terminals 1 and 2)

Parva models don't have frost protection (if a frost stat is to be fitted then connections are to be made between terminals 1 and 2)

Gaia models 424 xx don't have frost protection (if a frost stat is to be fitted connections are to be connected to the terminal block between terminals 2 and 3

Only Riva ragne of boilersthe has in-built frost protection when the temperature is below 5 degress, it operates.

Just because they tell you where to fit an external frost stat does not necessarily mean they do not have built in frost protection.

Just because they tell you where to fit an external frost stat does not necessarily mean they do not have built in frost protection.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back