Central heating/ won't work in auto

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an ideal icos boiler, with a drayton tempus 7 programmer. When the programmer is in auto it will not fire up the boiler for either even though the light comes on to say it is on the programmer. So if it asks for hot water and I click the on for heating, then press the off for the hot water the valve moves to central heating then fires up and vice versa. I've changed the actuator for an identical one and the exact same problem exists. Anyone have any ideas if its the programmer.

Sponsored Links
Hi dcawkwell
I replaced my drayton tempus 7 with a drayton lp722 (after researching a current production replacement). It fitted directly on to the existing backplate, it's now working perfectly. Thanks for the advice, I didn't want to just buy another programmer to find it wasn't that. After buying a new actuator and discovering it wasn't that part that had failed, still I have a spare actuator. Once again thank you, for saving me getting an engineer out and all the expense that goes with it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back