flushing system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

I have change my toilet to using this system as shown on the attached picture.

My problem now is when I connect it to the cold water feeder. it is make of metal. I keep tightening it forever. and then I found out I damaged the plastic grid on the pipe of this flushing system.

So I need to buy a new one. Can any one can tell me how to connect it without damage the grid? so I can tightening it.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Either

a) Make sure that the tail and the supply connector are aligned and then tighten to finger tight and then about 1 more turn

or

b) Buy the professional version with the brass tail

Either

a) Make sure that the tail and the supply connector are aligned and then tighten to finger tight and then about 1 more turn

or

b) Buy the professional version with the brass tail

Many thanks.

Can you tell me which one is the professional one. Can you give me a link?

Sponsored Links
I just fitted one, much better than the plastic thread. Make sure you check the thread size you need, there are 2 versions.

http://www.screwfix.com/p/fluidmaster-brass-shank-bottom-entry-fill-valve/47792[/QUOTE]

Wow!

Today I just went to B & Q to buy a new one. it is 10.99. I should ask you first. definitely, I will get one of brass shank bottom.

Sorry, what is thread size? Do you mean the diameter of the pipe connect to water supply? For the plastic one I only buy what they have, I did not notice what is thread size.

Please tell me.

Many Many thanks.

Bot brass and plastic shanked versions are available in either 1/2" or 3/8"

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back