DIYnot
Local | Network
   DIYnot > Forums
Local | Network
DIYnot Network Local DIYnot Network Local  
  Forum IndexForum Index     RulesRules    HelpHelp     Join FREERegister Free     About CookiesCookies     SearchSearch     LoginLogin 

Greenstar 28i Junior Fault - Hot Water but No Heating !!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DIYnot.com Forum Index > Plumbing and Central Heating
Search this topic :: View previous topic :: View next topic  
dmbeale

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:42 pm Reply with quote

Hi everyone,
We have a Worcester 28i Junior Combi which developed a fault this week. We have hot water fine but no heating. This same fault developed when we first moved into the house 2 years ago, it was the heat exchanger. (The boiler had not been used for at least 6 months before that as was an empty property) Replaced by British Gas for 99 plus min 12 homecare package. All been fine since. However the batteries died on the wireless room stat last week and since then have had no heating.
I dont know whether this is just a coincidence or linked to the fault, as although the batteries have been replaced and the clock working ok on it, nothing from the boiler. Does the room start have to be "paired" to the boiler again ? any suggestion on procedure ?
The only time we can get any heating is if we press the "spanner" maintenance button for 10+ seconds and it fires into life with red hot heating for less than half an hour... then shuts down again !!!!
Spoke to BG, explaining the situation (we cancelled the contract last summer as all was fine and were having new pipework installed throughout house so no heating at all obviously needed over the summer), advised new contract 22 pm as known fault plus one off repair cost 100 approx
Any other suggestions or advice gratefully received before i make another investment to them!!!
Regards
Dave
Maidstone, Kent
 Alert Moderators

If you do not want to see this advert, click here to login or if you are new click here to join free.
manofgas

from United Kingdom

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:21 pm Reply with quote

sounds more than likely that the wireless thermostat is out of sync with the receiver,best option would be to try to locate instructions for the controller from the manufacturer's web site
The following user says thank you to manofgas for this useful post:
dmbeale (17 Mar 2012)
 Alert Moderators
middlesbrough

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:23 pm Reply with quote

Check your instruction for the rf , it may need repairing .

There was also a similar fault explained on here few days back regarding the diverter valve which was an easy fix should it end up being that.

Try the rf stat instructions first make sure there paired up.
The following user says thank you to middlesbrough for this useful post:
dmbeale (17 Mar 2012)
 Alert Moderators
dmbeale

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:41 pm Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice guys. I did look around a few forums and found that an un-paired room thermostat seems to be a common problem.

I managed to download the user instructions book direct from the worcester-bosch site and followed their instructions to pair it up.... SUCCESS !!!

New batteries in (old batteries found in drawer made clock tick but not enough to send signal to boiler!) and it paired straight away.. and the boiler kicked back to life instantly... rads warming up nicely !

Thanks again

Dave

icon_razz.gif
 Alert Moderators
Agile

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:48 pm Reply with quote

middlesbrough wrote:

Check your instruction for the rf , it may need repairing .

That is the only repair that does not need an engineer!

RF stats need very good batteries and I always advise Durocell.

Tony
The following user says thank you to Agile for this useful post:
dmbeale (17 Mar 2012)
 Alert Moderators
dmbeale

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:27 pm Reply with quote

Cheers Tony,

Could not agree more ! New set of duracell plus fitted today so fingers crossed for 6+ months trouble free.

Thanks
Dave
 Alert Moderators
Search this topic :: View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DIYnot.com Forum Index > Plumbing and Central Heating All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: