Grundfos Home Booster running continuously!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there. Seen this issue repeating in a few places but there doesn't appear to be an active thread and I was looking for some extra info.

Issue: Grundfos running continuously at 5.5 bar
Resolution(?): Seen one post which talks about a fault with the PCB. As there is space for two pumps (although there is only one in bay A), one thread said they are now running on 'B' side Read more: //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=272216#ixzz1paeblAGt

So my question is... what is involved in running it on the 'B' side?

Sponsored Links
I would check the non return valve first as that would be the most common cause of the pump running continuosly
and check the expansion vessel's precharge while you are on

((if the pcb and menu structure is the same as the commercial units then you can test the relay, if stuck then you can enable "2 pumps" and connect the pump to pump B's terminals but be aware that the unit will give an alarm (supressable) when it tries to start pump A on lead))
the bit in brackets I may be getting mixed up with Armstrong units :confused:
Matt

V. easy in the end. We simply stopped then restarted the pump on the controller and it went back to normal. Thks for your suggestions anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back