Heatline Solaris Clock Timer Fail

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

We have a Heatline Solaris 30 PC which needs a replacement clock timer (round type) and wondered if it would be ok to fit a different type so long as the connections are the same. The one we have is a 'Kerde' TJ01

Any help would be much appreciated, the kids are freezing!

Thanks in advance.

Nick

Sponsored Links
I don't know about this particular model, but with any internal clocks on combis i've ever come across the clock works by holding the boiler off rather than switching it on. This means if you just disconnect the clock the boiler will revert to constantly on. This should get you warm until you decided on the solution ;)

Thanks for that, I will disconnect the timer and power back up. Do you know if I can fit another brand of timer so long as its for a combi?

Thanks for that, I will disconnect the timer and power back up. Do you know if I can fit another brand of timer so long as its for a combi?
Yes you should be able to fit an external clock, and wire it up in series with the room thermostat.

Sponsored Links
I don't know about this particular model, but with any internal clocks on combis i've ever come across the clock works by holding the boiler off rather than switching it on. This means if you just disconnect the clock the boiler will revert to constantly on. This should get you warm until you decided on the solution ;)

Whilst I agree with this in respect of the later boilers with digital clocks it does not usually seem to apply to early boilers with electromechanical clocks such as the Biasi 24S nor I think to the Performa range.

Tony

Some clocks are 240volt others can be 12volt so you'll have to check the voltage of the clock.... I'd replace it for a programmable room stat and be done with..

I have the same problem !!!

ithe voltage without call for heating is about 8 volts

i do not have a room stat at the mo

what is the best solution for new timer is a electronic one ok

how would the negative swithing work ??

thank

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back