Ideal classic LXFF & FF Fanned flue gas boiler FF230-MIS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI all, i have just found this fabulous site, I wonder if anyone could help as right now things are just miserable.

I have had on going issues, the latest is no heating for the past month despite paying out over £400, and previously getting ripped off for a further £600 (that a nice little holiday right there - as I say utter misery!)

The boiler, produces hot water, but radiators are stone cold, I have tried everything:

New thermostat
System drained and a new Honeywell 3 port valve fitted
New gas valve
Fan replaced

I then went on You Tube and found that you could slide a switch to get a defective motorised value temporarily working again, this however did not work and ultimately meant that in addition to no heating there was no hot water as well….

Please can someone help, the first engineer was a crook and ripped me off, the second guy is a family friend and its now all very difficult as he has charged me £400 plus and nothing is working and I don't think he knows how to fix it, I can't carry on like this…I'm throwing fortune at this and getting no where (misery!)

Can anyone help at all….thank you very much

Sponsored Links
Who replaced the fan and gasvalve?

If you've got hw it's not a boiler fault.

I couldn't possibly diagnose it from here but any heating engineer should be able to sort this quite easily.

Unless an alien fell in the header tank.(inside joke)

Sponsored Links
Ok let's run through some basics.

You have a programmer? Model?
Turn heating only on turn up room stat.
What happens
3 port valve move?
Pump running?
Booker fire?

Thanks for replying….

tried the thermostat up and down and well….not a lot, theres the sound of flowing water where the pump is, the value does not move at all and now the hot water is not heating up….

I'm in Yorkshire west Hull area.

How can Hull be in the West Midlands?

I was about to say that for £400 I would have been happy to come and fix it for you, but not now its moved to Hull!

As for the "family friend" I question how any heating engineer can charge £400 and leave a system not working!

Tony

Even British Gas do a fixed price boiler repair for about £300.

Ignoring the "friend" aspect is there no way that you could get him back to actually make it work?

£400 is a lot to have to pay when it has not even been made to work!

Tony

Finding a competent RGI in Hull isn’t easy! If you do find one please pass over the details.

Both my mum and I have spent similar prices trying to get boilers fixed….its really not that old! but stressful! good news! its not November!

:eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back