Ideal logic combi 35 - not reaching higher temperatures

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have an ideal logic combi 35 with a Honeywell cm907 digistat installed in my new build. The problem is the boiler struggles to get up to 23degrees then won't go any higher. The property is a 2 bedroom mid terraced house so I'm sure the 35kw output is plenty. I have 3 downstairs rads and 3 upstairs all have TRV's apart from the main radiator in the livingroom where the digistat is. I have bled and balanced the system and the boiler temp is turned up to max. Any suggestions on how I can fix this?

Sponsored Links
I presume the boler flow temp is 70 C and you have 23 C in the rooms?

Most heating is designed for 21 C and those who do it at 23 C are wasting about 20% of their gas!

We need to know the boiler flow and return temperatures! That's for a start!

Tony

I don't have a contact themoneter on me at the moment but if we assume that its a standard flow and return of 70 and 50 would that infer a maximum possible temperature of 23degrees?

Edit: I will get measurements on flow/return tomoz for you

Are your radiators sized correctly ?

Sponsored Links
This is one of my theories, all radiators are k1 apart from the living room which is a k2. All rads are less than 550mm apart from the living room which is 600*1200

If rads were correctly sized then 70/50 C would give 21 C in the room.

But most programs oversize rads by about 10% to aid warm up ( and cover up inaccuracies ).

Its not immediately obvious to me what you are aiming to achieve!

Tony

Little terraced house with a 35kW boiler?

23 degrees?

Boiler turned up to max?

Titchy rads with small water volume?

I think you get my drift ;).

Maybe it's my fundamental lack of understanding on these condensing boilers but should it not be possible to raise the room temperature above 21-23degrees?

Its your fundamental lack of understanding of the design criteria for heating systems!

And to spend hundreds extra on your gas bill and to spoil the ozone layer!

Tony

Let's try be mature about it Tony, you can clearly see I'm not knowledgeable in this area, you are. The most productive thing to do here is impart your expertise so I can learn. I'm assuming that's why you're a member of a forum which supports people because you derive satisfaction from it? Or do you enjoy belittling people?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back