Is this work acceptable (pics)? Central heating system.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm concerned about the longevity of this installation.
Plastic pipes, joints. Please comment on the pics in my album

[error in link]

Sponsored Links
Bit worrying the state of the pipes in the first pic, doesn't looks as though they cleaned the pipes ends.

Could be interesting trying to put the floor board back down in the next pic.

Other than that it looks about the same standard as most modern so called plastic plumbers.

Sponsored Links
Tell the installer you are not happy with the install quality, telling DIYnot will not solve your concerns, if YOU as the customer are concerned and not happy, that is all that matters, it matters not what people on forums think, Tell the Installer, it is all down to installers personal opinion, some may find this type of work acceptable for under the floor, others will not, personally I don't find it acceptable, but then I am not a fan of plastic pipe joints under the floor, personal preference

Tell the installer you are not happy with the install quality, telling DIYnot will not solve your concerns, if YOU as the customer are concerned and not happy, that is all that matters, it matters not what people on forums think, Tell the Installer
I've told the builder who hired the plumber. He's insistent that it's all fine. I'm not living at the house yet and haven't seen the plumber in a while.

I am not a fan of plastic pipes either.

But that does look rather amateurish to me. The pipes are not cut so that the pipes run parallel and the one connected to the copper seem to have sideways strain as well which can cause the joint to leak!

Put it this way, if it was drained I expect that in 40 min I could make it look a lot better!

Tony

Picture 2, is the pipe coming in from the left going to be covered by the carpet? My 4 year-old granddaughter could do no worse!

it always amazes me that people think a builder knows anything about plumbing...

that apart It think regulations say that mechanical fittings ( pushfit and compression elbows, tees etc) should be accessible, but solder ones can be buried...

That only applied to mains water supplies Alex.

There is no regulation saying the heating pipes have to be installed properly.

Tony

Is it just me or pic 3 and 4 look like one pipe, serving both LSV and Thermostat rad valve from same pipe? :confused:

Dan.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back