Landis & GYR RWB2 clock not going round

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Landis & GYR RWB2 programmer on my heating system, The timer on the original one stopped going round so I bought one off the internet and fitted it ( which was very easy to do) but this one is also not going round, the heating and water will come on if I set it off manually , I contacted the person that I bought it off and he said he had tested it before sale (I have no reason to not believe him) I was wondering if there was something I had to do before it would work? Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
The clock should work as soon as switched on.
Can't see it being a problem with the back plate terminals otherwise you could not have HW or CH manually
Strange enough this happen to me recently.
Removed faulty programmer. Could not fit replacement at that stage.
Replaced faulty programmer and guess what! clock working again.
I think maybe the motor is dry so a bit of WD40 might make all the difference.
If you google 'landis & Gyr RWB2' there's some guy on youtube showing how to dismantle it.
His problem was slightly different, the clock motor was in fact turning, but it was not turning the 'Disc' that held the 'on' and 'off' cams. You will see him riveting the disc and applying glue or araldite.

Check its actually gettng 240v at the live and neutral connections left hand connections
N L 1 2 3 4

Sponsored Links
If there is a fault in the neutral to clock then it is still possible to get CH and HW as clocks internal switching is only on live .
The rest of components may have a perfectly ok neutral in the wiring centre/junction box

If there is a fault in the neutral to clock then it is still possible to get CH and HW as clocks internal switching is only on live .
The rest of components may have a perfectly ok neutral in the wiring centre/junction box

Good call

I have an RWB2, clock came to a stop in spurts over time. Applied WD40 and reassembled but clock still did not work. Small steel washer, o/d 2.5mm,hole 1.25mm, thickness 0.25mm approx.where would this have dropped out from?

Tom Pisa

I have the same problem. Opened it up, thanks to the YouTube link by Mandate.
Cleaned using Servisol Contact Cleaner and lubricated with 3 In 1 oils. (WD40 was too thin).
All the mechanicals are silky smooth now.

Also checked electric connections as gas112 adviced. All was well.
But the clock still does not work. Looks like the clock mechanism is sealed.
Has anyone managed to get inside?

If I need to replace the Landis & Gyr RWB2, what are the alternatives?
Boiller is a very old Potterton Kingfisher RS 50.
The only pump is a Grundfos Selectric 4 and feeds 7 radiators and a hot water cylinder.
Have heard of Siemens RWB2E (traditional) and
Siemens RWB29 with LCD
Will either of them fit without having to change the backplate?!
Any others makes and models worth considering?

Boiler and the programmer are both in a small cubicle which tends to get very hot.
Would the high temperatures shorten the life of LCDs and elctronics?

Thanks Guys!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back