low water pressure in Ferroli Maxima 35S

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an 8 year old Ferroli Maxima 35S boiler which regularly loses water pressure. When hot the water pressure reads around 3 but as soon as it gets cold it drops to less than 1 and after a day or two it needs pumping back up. There are no obvious signs of a leak and I had the pressure relief valve replaced a couple of weeks ago. That seems to be working OK now. Before I start digging up the pipes under the floor to see if there's any leaks is there anything else I can do?

Sponsored Links
your pressure should only be between 1 - 1.5 bar when cold , it will rise slightly when hot but should never go as high as 3 bar, your pressure releif valve is designed to open at 3 Bar so that is probably where your water is going

Hi Ian,

Thanks for the reply. I had thought the big difference in pressure between hot and cold was a problem. What can I do about it? I have read that the low pressure sensor might be a problem. Is there any point in replacing it?

the low pressure sensor usually operates about 0.2 bar some I think may be 0.4 Bar its easy enough to test the low water contents switch on your boiler it is just a simple make and break switch so if you have a multimeter turn the power off and see if you have continuity through the switch, if when you set the boiler pressure to between 1 - 1.5 Bar cold and the pressure rises when hot to 3 Bar then that is an expansion vessel problem

Sponsored Links
Does that mean I have to get the expansion vessel replaced? If so how much is that likely to cost?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back