Ferroli Maxima 35c

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an ongoing problem with my Ferroli Maxima 35c boiler. Early in December the combustion chamber panel failed (burnt hole through front panel). After waiting an age we got the new heat exchanger this week. Engineer fitted this along with all new seals, new ceramic burner & low pressure switch.
We then had an F5 fault showing (indicating the fan), having a spare 2nd hand , tested, unit he fitted that too.
Now we have hot water but when the heating is called it burns for approx 20-30 seconds before displaying F5. Engineer is at a loss, Ferroli tech no help.
Has anyone any idea or are in the Doncaster area that can sort ???

Sponsored Links
This is what happens when you buy cheap ****, Ferroli always have been and prob always will be a budget boiler.

I look after 2 of these 35c's at the min, both circut board have gone on 1, which are dear, 1 one week one the next, among many many other faults, my advice is cut your losses and buy a proper boiler, it'll be far cheaper in the long run

If you didnt choose this boiler and was conned into by you're installer i have sympthy for you, but if you chose the cheapest job, because it was the cheapest then i'm afraid you deserve the problems your having

It was already fitted when we moved in.
What would you suggest we replace it with?
(3 bed semi currently has 11 radiators fitted)

If you've gone to that expense I'd phone around to see if you can find someone that knows the model well. Maybe just a little niggle.

Sponsored Links
In my opinion you would be wise to go with a Vaillant which will suit you're needs, you're instaler will be able to spec the correct one for you

There are other good makes such as Veissman, i hear good things about ATAG although never had any dealings with them myself, some of the lads rave about them

Main thing is watever boiler it is needs to be fitted properly, get 3 quotes see what they come back with

Note: BG are fitting boilers dirt cheep at the min, they always seem to do good installs in my area, and you can usually get some sort of cover in with the price hich is always good, and generally they wont get out of covering their own work, as manufacturers usually find something to blame of installation, not all, but some

just looked at the drawing & can only see a "safety thermostat" no 49 is this the one or are there others?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back