Megaflow DD145 - is this dripping worrying?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I have just noticed there is dripping coming from the area of the white pipe and just below on the vertical bit of the grey pipe as seen on the pictures. It is dripping rather than flooding. Does anyone have any idea what this means, how to fix it and how urgent it is. thank you. its not a cupboard i normally go into so i think it must have been going on for a good few days. Your help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
the white bit is an inline trap. seems to be leaking from above that. you need to remove the insulation and find the start.

Looks as though the water has run down the white bit from further up. Find the highest dry bit then work your way down till you find a wet bit, that should tell you where the problem is, no water leak should be left, water causes serious damage

Sponsored Links
Gentlemen(?), I would be starting at the tundish (the vertical component with an air gap) to see the source of the water.... ( it ought to be above the hepVo trap....)

Repairs to this unit would normally require a 'G3' qualification, but the OP could look in the user manual to find out about recharging the air bublbe in the megaflo vessel.

If however it is the either of the 'safety' valves discharging once the airbubble is recharged then a call to a suitably qualified installer will be necessary. fixing the 'leak' is only a small part of the overall issue.

DH

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back