New Spirotech.

Sponsored Links
I am thinking about a nice Indian meal out tonight !

An interesting find. Would be keen to know if Fernox or Adey are planning a new or revamped filter, or if this one, being the newest, is the one to get.

Sponsored Links
I've always felt that the spirotech filters are the best made but the magnaclean was best at removing debris from the system. This could be the turning point for me swapping to spirotech.

its great to see a properly engineered product getting acceptance in the UK...given our engineering standards thats quite an achievement..

a great product just go better, and not a bit of plastic in sight....brilliant!

I love the all-brass manufacture. I wonder where the poles of the magnetic sleeve are?

I see it has an arrow on it pointing up, can you change it if the flow is downwards?

Will be interesting to see how dramatic it is at capturing black sludge, the Magnaclean is spectacular, but the shoddy GRP does tend to leak after a while.

The original Magnaclean removes magnetite effectively, but only removes non-magnetic debris efficiently. The new Magnaclean Micro and the new retro-fit adaptor for the Magnaclean Pro are better at catching non-magnetic debris. Both sorts of debris are caught effectively. :?: :?:

You try explaining the difference to a customer. I wish Adey would explain it to me!!

I've never though the old magnaclean was any good at trapping non-magnetic particles, apart from any that might fall into the bottom of the canister by chance. Anyway, it leaks.

I've always felt that the spirotech filters are the best made but the magnaclean was best at removing debris from the system. This could be the turning point for me swapping to spirotech.

I always used to fit Magnaboosters. All of the Spiro filters are of a very high build quality, and were easy to fit to pipework in any orientation.

A couple of years ago, I saw a comparison test between Magnacleans, Fernox TF1s and Magnaboosters. The test results showed that the Magnabooster captured much less debris than the Magnaclean, which was best, and the TF1 which was a close second.

Nothing would compel me to change to Magnacleans, so I now go for the second best - TF1s.

fitted one to my valiant today, i love it, full brass body, easy fit, 20 yr warranted, nice nice.... Fitted after reading reviews and seems pop opinion that they more reliable than magnatech

That ****e GRP cost half a replacement costs of a new screed floor and Lino.

Never will fit their stuff again ever again

Fernox TF1 is far more robust and the brass construction of Spirovents products is first class

Anyone have any idea what the additional fitting on the pipe below the filter is?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back