NPOWER Boiler Service

and some of the bonding, though, there is quite a lot in various places on different pipes, so i wasn't sure which bits to take a picture of.

Sponsored Links
A cp6 is a service/maintenance record. It in itself is not a legally required document.

To me the flue is also NCS (provided no fumes are entering the building) I Havnt tested it so I can't say for certain.

But this would explain why there is no further paperwork.

Have they asked for proof it was serviced or just asked when it was serviced.

You have no obligation to pass on that paperwork. However if u need proof that's all you've got

At npower you only had to issue a warning notice for At risk, or Immediatly dangerous. NCS was normally written on the bottom of the service report. If you dont have a seperate warning notice then I wouldnt worry about what you had been told.

Thanks. The solicitor asked for the documentation from when the boiler was last serviced in nov 2013. And i panicked because the final question on the cp6 that askes is the appliance safe to use, it says no. Even though it clearly isbecause no other action taken.

Sponsored Links
the cp6 I got after the service. I don't like how it is classed as unsafe to use though, because of NCS issues. every house in this area has the boiler in the cellar, and flue in same place.

UPDATE- I rang NPOWER this morning as I wanted clarification, which surprisingly they gave me. There was an engineer there, and he explained that it had been marked as not safe to use, because of the preasure release valve under the boiler, which is in the cellar, which could ultimately discharge hot water onto the cellar floor. Though this cannot be changed, because of the cellar. Pity the form doesn't have explanations on it, rather than just saying fail and no.

If the Appliance is not safe to use then it should have been classified as AR (At Risk) or ID (Immediately Dangerous) in both circumstances a label should have been attached and a Warning notice issued to you (which you should have signed for) - in the case of ID the boiler (with your permission) should have been disconnected from the supply.

NCS (Not to Current Standards) is the classification for minor issues, that although should be put right, do not constitute a danger, and therefore the boiler is Safe for Use! - Clearly there is something not quite right with the paperwork on this one!! :confused:

so would the above form be given to me if something was AR or ID? As I inderstand it, they should use the terms AR/ID/NCS, but did not, instead using the word FAIL? the boiler is pictured below, it is a Worcester cdi24 I think, and is located in the cellar, meaning the preasure relief valve could discharge onto cellar floor, lower than ground level outside.

That is just what NPOWER said this morning, that it is unsafe because of the Pressure Release Valve, and even if it was I don't see what could be done about it when it is in the celler.

The reason they use there own terminology by saying "fail" is so they can scare people into having work carried out. If they are questioned they can wriggle out of any wrong doing because they haven't told you its actually "ID" or "AR". Typical big outfit technique.

The info is put on a PDA and the only option on that is pass or fail, there is no way of adding comments or reasons why on the PDA. If it was AR or ID then they would of issued paperwork seperate.

The installation of the flue terminal is riding very close to the wind. At a glance I can see why they failed it- there are at least 3 issues which may not conform to the manufacturers instructions

probably so, it used to pass every time until around 2007, but short of a new boiler, and relocating to another room, not much can be done. or can it? what would you recomend as a cause of action?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back