Pressure release valve?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are selling our house and due to complete next week, as luck would have it the hot water tank has decided to develop a drip!!

Its a pressurised system and the culprit is this chap:

I assume that its a pressure release value however there are no marking on it apart from "PC 10 BAR 10degC 05-09" I cant for the life of me find the same part online anywhere.

Is this something a novice could change, or should i get a pro in? I assume its a case of isolating the water and draining the system which shouldn't be too expensive?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Its an auto air vent, a pro should be able to change it without draining down as it has a shutoff valve in the bottom nut, so you leave the bottom bit where it is and change the top part.

ah ha! excellent!

The leak is not forming on the top but rather underneath the brass lip which has the numbers stamped on it, i had a search and apparently the vents gunk up but if the leak is under the lip then i suspect its likely knackerd.

N

Sponsored Links
Looks like Boss brand so BSS or PTS plumbers merchants, yours is probaly 3/8" but may be 1/2"

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back