Shower next to window need screen suggestions please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok received a thermostatic shower yesterday and fitted it and works well. Problem is the shower is fitted to a wall which also has a window above the wash basin, unfortunately this window intrudes into the bath area so doesn't allow for a flat screen to be fitted (no wall to fix it to just window) :( You may be thinking idiot(fair enough) why didn't you fit it at the other end? well truth is, that was my initial idea but when the shower was delivered I discovered it was the kind that replaces your tap fittings as well, not a flush wall fitted type as I initially had planned ....to save the rigmarole of sending back to amazon I just got on with it, im pleased with it but i've left myself this problem to over come. Does anyone out there know of companies that supply an around the corner type of screen or any innovative ideas? Really don't want a shower curtain totally dislike them.
All suggestions appreciated

Sponsored Links

Fix a piece of aluminium box section, say 25x25mm, between the top of the bath and the ceiling, flat against however much wall is there, so it goes completely across the window opening (yellow in the picture). Fixed to the wall with suitable fixings.
The shower screen is fixed to this aluminium piece, using the hinges or whatever it is supplied with.

The remaining gap into the window reveal is closed by fixing pieces of L shaped aluminium profile (red in the picture) around the 3 sides (the previously fixed box section forms the 4th side), and a piece of glass is fitted to them from behind, secured in place with clear silicone.

As above, but fill the intruding part of the window with glass blocks?
triangle-bath-glass-block.jpg

Sponsored Links

Fix a piece of aluminium box section, say 25x25mm, between the top of the bath and the ceiling, flat against however much wall is there, so it goes completely across the window opening (yellow in the picture). Fixed to the wall with suitable fixings.
The shower screen is fixed to this aluminium piece, using the hinges or whatever it is supplied with.

The remaining gap into the window reveal is closed by fixing pieces of L shaped aluminium profile (red in the picture) around the 3 sides (the previously fixed box section forms the 4th side), and a piece of glass is fitted to them from behind, secured in place with clear silicone.
That is a bloody good idea mate :cool: :cool: i would have to cut the aluminium frame work into the window ledge but that shouldnt be a problem...thanks all, for your ideas i'll post how it goes...may take some time yet :) not the fastest of workers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back