Toilet cistern is slow to fill

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys.
I have a 4 year old toilet that has suddenly decided to refill itself slowly.

The float opens and closes the inlet valve when it's supposed to, but water comes out of the inlet quite slowly.

Water pressure around the house seems ok and the isolation valve to the toilet is fully open. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
'Traditional' type float valve? Probably got muck in the injector. Turn water off, strip down, clean and reassemble. :)

Thanks.
It's a push button cistern

I stripped the float assembly and washed the parts in the sink, but it was still slow to fill. So I checked the water inlet was up to pressure with the flot assembly removed which was ok, and ended up loosening the diaphram valve washer (below) which seems to have done the trick.

I don't know if this is a permanent cure, but I reckon its a Siamp push system. Are they fairly interchangeable?

m-XIgDOBHyBLq5E3dUzsHqw.jpg

Sponsored Links
Could the cistern washer/seal caus this problem as cleaning didn't solve the poblem, but loosening the washer nut has helped.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back