Vaillant 828 - No demand for hot water registering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have the above boiler. I have previously removed the plated heat exchanger with no issues to give it a periodic clean out (lots of magnetite stuck in it).

This time, since putting the boiler back together it does not seem to register and request for hot water (ie opening a tap).

I can get the boiler to fire up correctly, heating thermostat functions ok it just does not register that it needs to heat the water when the tap is switched on.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
forgot to say - the Divertor valve is new as is the PHE.

I cannot see any issue with the divertor AND I can see it movewhen the boiler is switched on - it does nothing when a tap is turned on though.

Have I set the on/off valves under the unit correctly? I have the central heating ones on (obviously). the mains water on and the other 2 switched to the off position (the ones which fill up the system)

Sponsored Links
Water comes out of the hot tap?

Sounds like you got dirt in the aquasensor ( flow switch ).

Or pulled the connector out!

Tony Glazier

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back