Vaillant 828E TurboMax Combi Boiler Pressure Gauge Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Ive recently moved to a new house with a Vaillant 828E boiler , the boiler seems to work fine but i have no pressure reading on the gauge ? it also had a leaking coming from the auto air vent on the pump , Me and my brother in law drained the system today and replaced the auto air vent that was leaking we also fitted a new gauge but still no reading ? We checked the expansion vessel which seems fine ?

We refilled the system by ear , listening for when its full , i think we have it about right but who knows without the gauge

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Oops ive just touched the prv ever so slightly and its over pressurized , great - Think i better call an engineer in

Could there be a blockage at the connection for the pressure gauge. Drain again, disconnect gauge and stick something in the hole to clear.

Stuck a pin in the chamber today and now the gauge is working :LOL: well happy , just need to replace the PRV and should be ok

Ill keep you posted

Sponsored Links
glad to hear it. thanks for posting to let us know.
cheers

Oops ive just touched the prv ever so slightly and its over pressurized , great - Think i better call an engineer in

How can you over pressurise by touching the PRV? If it's over pressurised, just let some pressure out. If it's leaking, keep opening it briefly, see if it's stopped dripping. If not keep opening it until you flush the debris out. If not, put a new one.

Also, stop playing with the PRV. It shouldn't be used to drain the system.

if you have to fill without a gauge dont use your ear for gawds sake.

get someone to fill up while you bleed. when water comes out the top of the uppermost rad leave it at that.

Ok , Just an update

All fixed put a new PRV on and alls good

I think my brother in law left one of the filling taps open by accident so when i touched the PRV it let all the water out the back of the house ? as i had no gauge i couldnt tell what was going on with it

But seems good now and i didnt have to pay an engineering £300 as per quote from British Gas

Thanks for the help :)

A reasonable independent would have only charged about £84 plus the cost of any parts.

Thats often a lot less that BG who have to pay dividends to shareholders and maintain an army of administrators!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back