Vaillant vrt392f Circulation Pump Settings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Do I need to have my circulation pump for my ecoTEC 838 on constantly via the vrt392f room thermostat radio transmission or should I set it to come on at the same time I have set the timer parameters to (which are the same for heating and water)? Thank you

Sponsored Links
The circulation pump is not the pump in the boiler which sends water round the rads. It is a separate pump, which you may not have, that circulates hot water to the taps. It is usually found where there is a long run from the boiler to the tap.

Definately do have a pump. thanks for the responses. Dave if I turn it off then surely the hot water wont get pumped through to the taps? things were much easier before I got this new combi....bring back my old tank in the attic and copper one in the airing cupboard any day....I understood how to work it albeit ancient ! (the system...not me !)

Sponsored Links
Is it a pump which is for boosting the hot water to make for a better shower etc?

You need a VR40 Multi Function Module to make use of the feature anyway.

The sort of pump it is intended to control is a pump used on a secondary return pump which are often found in larger properties where there are long runs of hot water pipework to prevent long delays when using hot water.

The piping would be something like this:

open_vented_cylinder.gif

You mention it is a combi, you would only have a secondary return system if it was a conventional boiler with a separate tank! :)

hang on a minute a curculation pump only works with hot water cylinder, an a combi almost always doesn't have a pump for the hot water......

why not ask the installer?

Thank you so much, diagram is great, I actually understand it. And Alec, I will ask and in the meantime will not set pump on the wi fi room thermostat/control at all. From what I had looked up on the www I'd sort of garnered that a combi boiler didn't need it. If I find I don't have hot water down in the kitchen in the morning I can always set the circualtion pump to come on. Really appreciate you all giving up time on a Sunday to help. Thank you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back