vaillant weather compensator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
guys, ive just had the compensator fitted.
but i cant seem to get the house warm. can anybody emplain how the heating curve works?

Sponsored Links
A good starting point for the heating curve is 2.5. Once you have the target room temperature set how you want it and you're not fiddling with TRVs all the time you might try lower heating curve value until you feel the house isn't heating up enough.

If the VRC430 is on the wall not in the boiler, set Room Temperature Control to Modulating.

The principle is in warmer weather the boiler turns itself down and in colder weather it turns itself up. The radiators will be hot to touch in December but only aired in August.

With modulating room temperature control, if the current room temperature is well off the target temperature the boiler will work harder than if the current temp is only a degree off target.

That's great. I have the VRC 470
It took my heating engineer 4 hours to fit and was still on the phone to vaillant.
I live in a 500 year old timber house with no double glazing and 2 babies, so I need the house warm.
I have set the target heat for 25c and the heating curve is on 1.2
The problem is, it just seems to get warm and not hot.
Also it's taking ages for the heat to travel round the house.
I've had a hole new system put in with oversized pipes and rads.
It was alworking fine until I put this unit in.
Do I need to fiddle with the values???

Sponsored Links
guys, thats great. it seems to work.
i'll keep an eye on it for the next few days.
thanks for all youre help.

I installed one of these on my pro28 recently and I found it difficult to setup first time. Its worth mentioning that your heating temperature control on the boiler needs to be set to maxium otherwise the flow temperature only ever reaches the setting that the control knob is set to. If that makes sense. I thought the control know would have been made redundant after fitting the unit but it seems to act as a maximum output for the boiler.

Hi, Thanks for the advice.
The installer set all nobs to maximum and now i have uped the flow rate the system is working perfectly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back