Vailliant ecotec pro 28 combi making noises when not in use!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks.My combi boiler is making noises even though it's not being used.
It happens quite often too.It's as if the boiler is firing up and sending water to the radiators for a few seconds.
The boiler itself is making a noise and you can also hear the water flowing through the pipes to the first radiator but the boiler isn't being used at all.
Any ideas as to what this can be?
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
You have got your hot water pre-heat turned on. Try turning the boiler's hot water temp. knob all the way to min, then back to it's original position.

That will turn the hw pre-heat off. See if this sorts your problem

Thanks for your reply.There isn't a pre heat setting.There is a "Comf" setting so the water is constantly at the same temp but it is turned off?Also it would only let me turn the hot water temp down to 35 no further.I have turned it back to 65 and I'll see how it goes and report back.

Is this a new install? Has the 24 volt link been removed. :p

Sponsored Links
It was installed back in april so fairly new yeah.I haven't a clue what the 24 volt link is though?

Mmmm ignore that advice :rolleyes: if it was fitted in April it won't have any knobs.... The comfort is what we in trade call preheat. If that's off it may be diverter but unlikely this new. As steel said check 24 v link not left in by mistake.

Thanks for the replies folks.What's the frost stat?
P.s the radiators aren't heating up as the thermostat is turned off,it's just for a few seconds you can hear the pipes at the radiator as if it were about to start heating up.
Also the boiler keeps making a clicking sound.
I don't want to get anyone out in case it's something that can be solved with a setting or something?
Thanks.

If your close by when the boiler makes a noise, press the i button this will tell you an S#. What is it?? Have you any dripping hw taps?? And it won't cost you anything just call vaillant your boiler will be under warranty.

Nath

A boiler with no knobs and no "I" button!

Just as bad as these new driverless cars!

Hi folks.No dripping taps or anything.There is an i "section" with 4 buttons under it.Which one should be pressed?
Thanks folks.

If u hav an i button that model seized production in 2012? U said it was fitted in april, if we dont hav right info we cant help...

It was fitted in april and manufactured late 2013.There is a small screen on the left hand side with with 4 buttons to adjust hot water temp etc.The top has an "i" and the bottom has a little ladders symbol?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back