Valliant system boiler pressure too low each morning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I let water into the system each morning, I assumed this meant there was a leak in the pipes but the plumber that came over said he wants to replace the vessel for a hefty price, will this solve the problem or is there a leak in the pipes?!

Thanks very worried :(

Sponsored Links
Does water come out of the copper pipe that goes through wall to outside, when heating is on? If yes, usually vessel.

What's a hefty price? Bearing in mind all Londoners are on six-figures. :LOL:

6 figures! Not this part of London, need to quadruple my wage to get there! They want £100 for the part and £250 for 2 hours work to change it.

Does that seem fair? My overdraft going to take a pounding!

Many thanks for the reply:cool: :(

Difficult to comment on price without seeing job. London is a bit of a different case, and an expensive place to opertate a business.

If you're not happy with the quote, you could always ask one or two more plumbers their hourly rates or rough cost of job over phone. Afraid I can't be more specific.

Sponsored Links
Tell them to get lost.

Probably needs a 50p tyre valve.

Alternatively an additional expansion vessel about £50.

This is what I was worried about :(

Had a feeling they were conning me. I might be a ditzy young lady but I got a psychology degree and his body language screamed that he was lying to me.

Not sure what to do though. How do I fix this? I live in Morden, SW London (near Wimbledon).

Thanks for the replies :cool:

Difficult to comment on price without seeing job. London is a bit of a different case, and an expensive place to opertate a business.

If you're not happy with the quote, you could always ask one or two more plumbers their hourly rates or rough cost of job over phone. Afraid I can't be more specific.

Thanks, that's great advice, will phone a few plumbers and ask them :cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back