Wiring help: Horstmann HRFS1 to Glow worm Flexicom 24CX

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Flexicom installed at the moment but it has no room stat so we have been manually adjusting the heating on the boiler controls. I picked up a Horstman HRFS1 in B&Q earlier to try and get this sorted but having never touched boiler connections before I'm not really sure so thought it was best to ask.

I figure the stat needs to be set to the 230v configuration (at a guess) with the link between the 2 live terminals (I'm assuming you piggy back the live & neutral from the fused spur/boiler feed?) but not sure where to connect the 2 outgoing terminals too on the boiler end ( SL on & SL off)

I was thinking of using some 4 core & earth to make the link between?

Sorry if this makes no sense domestic electrics isn't really my thing so I only have a basic understanding

Thanks

Sponsored Links
the SL on goes to Rf on the terminal in the boiler plug, sounds like you have sussed the rest...personally if your flexicom is less than 3yrs old I would recommend you get a refund and instead invest your money in a Climapro rf2 which will give you much better function including modulating control and option to add weather compensation via an outside rf sensor.

Thanks for the reply, looking at the Climapro2 instructions online unless I'm mistaken it seems that to connect the receiver all you need to do is connect the provided cable to the BUS & 0v (I think it also says phasing doesn't matter on this) and thats it no 230v feed required? If so thats me sold on the simplicity alone

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply, looking at the Climapro2 instructions online unless I'm mistaken it seems that to connect the receiver all you need to do is connect the provided cable to the BUS & 0v (I think it also says phasing doesn't matter on this) and thats it no 230v feed required? If so thats me sold on the simplicity alone

yes its that easy. But just to clarify make sure your flexicom was manufactured in the last few years or so, else the software wont accept it. First 2 digits of serial no on bottom of appliance will tell you the year.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back