Worcester Bosch Combi 12/14 diverter valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is the Honeywell diverter valve as per this ebay link.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Baxi-2413...arden_Hearing_Cooling_Air&hash=item233497de7d

I replaced it about 5 years ago and now with the central heating on the hot water is quite warm, not so warm so you have to take your hand away but close to that.
So my guess is that the valve has slowed up. It is a high lime scale area north of Bristol.

I got the old one from the loft and stripped it to see if cleaning it would make any difference to its function. It seemed to open and close more easily after I cleaned it.

Questions is, should I buy a new one or is it worth the time to refit the old cleaned one.

Given that they are plastic and rubber in the main. There maybe some grease there, but that would get washed off.

I drained off a small amount of water in the rad bleed valve and that was nice and clean, so the water is good.
Cheers
Jack

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
If the valve is sticking, as they often do, this is best checked with the actuator in position. When heating is not required, the position indicator on the actuator should be at the top of the slot. If it is lower and can be pushed up , then change the cartridge.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back