Worcester greenstar 30si syphon dripping

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently had my 2 year old Worcester greenstar 30si serviced. The syphon was quite dirty so was taken out and cleaned.

The day after I noticed a drip from the bottom of the boiler. Investigation showed the syphon leaking from where it connects with the sump, trickling down the side then dripping off the bottom. The service guy came back and said some grit had got in the seal, so cleaned it and re-assembled. However, it has started dripping again and the service guy has gone awol.

I've read quite a bit online about the syphon emptying periodically, not drip emptying. I'm wondering if this function has somehow stopped working? Or could the syphon have been over-filled with water after re-assembly?

Any ideas how I can troubleshoot this one gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
Thanks very much boilerdokto.

plenty of silicone grease and prob sorted.

I have a question: in the installation instructions for the syphon it says "Note: Do not use lubricants or sealing compounds." Just wondering why they say not to use silicone grease and you recommend it?

A thought..... would I be right in thinking that the sump drips condensate into the syphon? And there is no sort of pressure involved? Just makes me wonder why it's leaking even if it's not a perfect seal.

Sponsored Links
Thanks very much boilerdokto.

plenty of silicone grease and prob sorted.

I have a question: in the installation instructions for the syphon it says "Note: Do not use lubricants or sealing compounds." Just wondering why they say not to use silicone grease and you recommend it?

A thought..... would I be right in thinking that the sump drips condensate into the syphon? And there is no sort of pressure involved? Just makes me wonder why it's leaking even if it's not a perfect seal.

there will be bits of carp stuck around the o ring-causing slight drip

have fixed/serviced hundreds of these ...believe in silicone grease!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back