Replacement flexible lead slate due to leak aroun soil stack

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I have a leak in my roof where the soil stack penetrates the pitched tile roof. I need to have a new flexible lead slate replaced that is causing the leak.
Any ideas what a roofer in the midlands would charge to do the job? Is it something a competent DIY'er could do themselves?

Any ideas would be much appreciated :)

Thanks[/list]

Sponsored Links
Presumably the SVP exists the roof fairly near the soffit?

If so expect to pay in the realms of £100 all in.

Anyone who understands how water drains from a roof could fit one provided they are confident working on top of a ladder whilst stretching with both arms off the ladder.

Is it something a competent DIY'er could do themselves?

The job is simple enough. Access is the real problem and it is not just confidence you need. Stretching with both arms on the top of the ladder is extremely risky and I would say don't do it.

Some-one accustomed to working off the top of a ladder and knowing not to over reach probably could do it, if as Noseall has mentioned it is very near the soffit/eaves area. Otherwise you may need a roof crawler.

Upload a photo if you can.

Hi all,
. I need to have a new flexible lead slate replaced that is causing the leak.
?

Any ideas would be much appreciated :)

Thanks[/list]
I`d be surprised if an all - lead slate needs renewing :confused: it probably needs a rain collar gluing on above it , if it`s a plastic SVPipe . or maybe re setting in relation to the tiles - a picture here will save you the best part of £100 as guesstimated for repair ;)

Sponsored Links
Cheers guys, got a crawler out that I found on rated people. Seems genuine enough has tried to seal the crack with flashing and some kind of paint for buy hasn't even charged me till we see if it has worked ok, says he will
Replace it if not and not charge me for the repair so seems honest enough to me. Was around the price you guys suggested for the replacement too.

Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back