Shallow roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have got a shallow pitch roof of 11 degrees.
Since my property is under an area of special character the builder have already used redland 03 tiles (plain clay tiles) to match the existing tiles of the property. The BC has however not approved the tiles and the builder wishes not to remove the tiles due to labour and material cost.

Am I left with any alternative solution?Working from inside the roof without having to remove the tiles?!?!?!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
No! It will never get signed off with those tiles which have a minimum pitch of 35 degrees.
Your builder should know better.

Gets even worse as 03 Antique Red (concrete not clay) is granular, water is going to pee in with only the felt keeping the rain out (for now)

The builder should stand the cost as the roof is not fit for purpose.

There are very few options available for that pitch of roof with tiles, in fact I can only think of 2, Decra or I know there is a clay tile that The Loft Shop used to sell called the Erlus Ten Degree Roof Tile, mind you the brochure I've got here is nearly 20 years old so they may not do it now

Sponsored Links
Gets even worse as 03 Antique Red (concrete not clay) is granular, water is going to pee in with only the felt keeping the rain out (for now)

There are very few options available for that pitch of roof with tiles, in fact I can only think of 2, Decra or I know there is a clay tile that The Loft Shop used to sell called the Erlus Ten Degree Roof Tile, mind you the brochure I've got here is nearly 20 years old so they may not do it now

Thanks for your suggestion! As you said couldn't find Erlus Ten degree roof tile.. but Decra is the option we have..Would you suggest any tile with the same Plain tile effect that would suit the purpose!!

The only Decra i know that will match is Oberon, but from memory only goes down to 15 degrees, agree re the rest though. Forticrete centurion is 10.5 but will look awful.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back