Mould

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

We need urgent advice before we end up in hospital!!!!

We moved into a new timber framed bungalow 30 months ago and about a year ago we discovered a number of clothes and other belongings in two of the bedroom wardrobes were covered in mould. When I helped my wife clean off the mould a couldn't breath and to cut a long story short I'm on medication and I'm going through various lung function tests. Its gets worse as we discovered more mould growing behind our diningroom furniture that's at the opposite end of our home at the weekend after we pulled its off the wall to decorate.

We have never had any mould problems in any of the previous 3 homes we've lived in, so why has this manifested itself now and what can we do to clear our home of it.

Advice urgently needed.

Regards,

Bill

Sponsored Links
Get a suitably qualified person in to look at this - not a damp treatment company, but a qualified building surveyor or an independent environmental health expert.

You may have a condensation problem, which from what you describe it may well be, and the solution would be ventilation and using heating differently.

However, as you have a timber frame, and the mould is affecting your health, then its possible that there may be an issue with the frame and/or the insulation and the mould may not be the 'standard' type.

Timber frames should be less susceptible to condensation issues unless the occupant doing something drastically wrong

It may be just a specific lifestyle/property issue (every property is different so just because you did not experience this in previous properties, does not mean you wont in this or any other future property), or it may be an issue with the structure.

So you need it looked at to determine which it is

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back