salts in walls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

We have found that the additive we put into the plaster for 2 rooms has not mixed thoroughly enough. Therefore we have found we have 4 patches which are still absorbing water from the air, which looks quite bad.

We do not have the time to remove the plaster really so had planned the following: Apply salt neutraliser to the area, use a polystyrene lining (to stop the temperature difference causing condensation) then apply a vinyl wall paper.

Would be very interested to hear of any suggestions that may be better than this.

Many thanks
Jo

Sponsored Links
I'd suggest trying the plastering or decorating forum ;)

I'm not sure the polystyrene is necessary, just some kind of sealant.

Any admix put into mortar should be allowed to mix thoroughly. Did you mix by hand or in a mixer? As you say it's a bit late now anyway, but the best solution would have been to start again...... Depends what you're looking for really.... I don't know whether your plan will work, you can only give it a try and see.

Roughcaster.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back