Condensation in loft

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We moved into a new house just over a year ago and have ALWAYS had an issue with condensation in our loft. I have called the builder (George Wimpey) about 10 times, but have now been told that condensation in the loft is normal and there is nothing more they can do. So far, they have removed the insulation from the eaves to increase air flow and installed 3 vented tiles. Yesterday it sounded like it was raining in the loft so had to clear out all belongings which were soaked and some even had mold growing on them! I have contacted George Wimpey customer services again, but I'm sure I will just get another guy come round and say there is nothing they can do. I'm sure this is not normal and have posted pictures so people can see what I mean. Any ideas or suggestions would be great as everything that was in the loft is now in my garage and I can't move!

Sponsored Links
Have a look at the 50 recent posts on this, which should give you something to go on.

It's not solely about ventilation

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back