UPVC Exterior Door - Dropped Door Re-alignment

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear friends,

As brand new member from about five mins ago I am not absolutely certain that DROPPED DOOR RE-ALIGNMENT is not mentioned on the site - but I tried and could not find any info.

Does anyone know how to adjust a upvc exterior door alignment. There are allen key holes in the hinges which look likely to be a part of the process. I have beefed up the draft excluder but it still doesn't meet. I am looking at my mothers drafty door, its freezing outside - can anyone help?

All the best,
Charlie

Sponsored Links
The Allen key holes are for hinge adjustment and the keep striking plate (the part the latch closes into) is also adjustable to some extent . Usually it is a bit of trial and error in fine tuning the hinges to get it right and then after a few weeks they have sometimes dropped again. In which case a small washer on each hinge pin as a spacer has been known to be useful.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back