flat roof insulation

Sponsored Links
Add 100mm kingspan insulated roof deck (bonded insulation to plywood sheet) to the top of the ceiling joists, then add felt layers.

Add 100mm kingspan insulated roof deck (bonded insulation to plywood sheet) to the top of the ceiling joists, then add felt layers.

the roof is fine itself i just need to insulate , i have already ripped down the plasterboard ceiling.

could i use this between the joists ?

http://www.wickes.co.uk/General-Con...n/General-Purpose-Insulation-Slab/invt/161197

or

http://www.wickes.co.uk/Polystyrene-Sheet/Celotex-PIR-Insulation-Board/invt/190545

do i need to vent the roof space if i used this ?

If you insulate between the joists then you are creating a cold deck and will need a 50mm air gap (on the cold side). this will need ventilating.

You may get away with fully filling the void with celotex, pressing the insulation tight up against the roof deck and sealing any gaps with mastic or foam.

Sponsored Links
If you insulate between the joists then you are creating a cold deck and will need a 50mm air gap (on the cold side). this will need ventilating.

You may get away with fully filling the void with celotex, pressing the insulation tight up against the roof deck and sealing any gaps with mastic or foam.

well the joists are 100mm thick so i should be able to get some celotex that is 50mm flush with the joists.

should each space between the joists be ventilated ? as i can get to the overhang easily.

All joist runs will need ventilating.

50mm is just under half the (building reg's) required amount.

only just remembered that the flue for the boiler comes out the roof just behind the area which needs to be ventilated.

so doing the ventilation is a no no

i think i am going to just reboard the ceiling as it was never cold anyway

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back