hotpoint aquarius wd440 Flashing like a Cristmas Tree

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have the above washing machine.

It's been about 1 month now that when you switch on the power, ALL the lights flicker for about 30 seconds, then the on button lights up as normally and then it works as normal.

Where do i start looking? I don't want it to completely break down.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Ok just had a machine in Hotpoint WT721 with all lights and display flashing, the fault has been gradually getting worse over the last 3 months (2 year old machine).

Caught this thread on here on Sunday

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=198410&sid=f19875d4ae0413a224db6ede3c3b5dae

Tried it on the board and yep cap C17 was blown (50% down) which is part of the power regulator circuit, replaced it and all was ok.

Checked the same cap out on a board from a scrapped Ariston same problem so replaced it and board worked

Thank you for your reply.

I will check with my landlord first to check if he had activated the 5 year waranty on it.

I hope he did.

Sponsored Links
Ok just had a machine in Hotpoint WT721 with all lights and display flashing, the fault has been gradually getting worse over the last 3 months (2 year old machine).

Caught this thread on here on Sunday

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=198410&sid=f19875d4ae0413a224db6ede3c3b5dae

Tried it on the board and yep cap C17 was blown (50% down) which is part of the power regulator circuit, replaced it and all was ok.

Checked the same cap out on a board from a scrapped Ariston same problem so replaced it and board worked

Thank you for that.

I will have a look over the weekend.

So far, the Xmas tree although was flashing in the begining it was still working. TOday, it spend some time trying to decide whether to work or not. In the end it did. So hopefully, i will sort it out now.

Regards

L0rd

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back