where to purchase from????????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys
where do you guys get your copper and boilers from??
prices are all over place at moment
was thinking of getting a ferroli optimax for my house as the 5yr warranty is rather appealing unless you guys have any better suggestions but cost is an issue :confused: :oops:

Sponsored Links
Optimax is a very poor boiler. You need ever single second of that warranty.

I have fitted 6 of these things people being attracted by the price and the warranty period and they have all broken down.

In one instance a family of 4 with 2 children under the age of 8 were given a date 1 week from the time of my call to the ferroli service centre confirming the breakdown, it had been in just over a year and PCB gone (when I pushed the lady on other end of the phone , 1 Week for a service call is poor..... was told to give the PCB a smack as that sometimes worked!) others had fan go down, diverter knackered ever one seemed different.

You might as well tear the 5 year warranty up if it is not an A1 install, I had powerflushed them installed a magna clean and serviced my jobs yearly so no trouble. Have known fellow installers have warrantys ripped up due to minor installation faults. I think Ferroli know it is going to be difficult to honour all the existing installs.

That being said I understand money being an issue, but if you can stretch stick to one of the better brands usually they get such a good name due to good back up service.

If you still decide to go ahead, just make sure it is an A1 install is registered with ferroli and GS and Bench Marked correctly and then you shouldn't have any trouble. Trust me you will need that warranty.

Gasgirl, best to ignore the poster called bamber2; it is a troll and only interested in disturbing the forum, he is not a gasinstaller.
The choice of your installer is just as important as the choice of your boiler.
Do a search of the forum on this subject, and you will find countless posts dealing with all aspects of a new installation.

Three out of four Optimax we installed have broken down. Would not fit again. Would say Biasi Riva or even Heatline are better than this if cheap is what you are after.

Sponsored Links
Broag Avanta Plus. With an approved installer you will get a full 5 year parts & labour warranty

Broag Avanta Plus. With an approved installer you will get a full 5 year parts & labour warranty
Are you 100% sure of this?

I phoned Broag last week to enquire about this and was told that they do not have a list of "approved installers". All they could give me was the name of my local supplier, who would give me the name of an installer.

They also told me that the warranty was five years parts and two years labour.

I remember seeing them advertise five years parts and labour for approved installers. I wonder why they dropped it so quickly (and quietly)?

Hello,
I'm in Yorkshire. I could fit you a Viessmann with 5 years warranty for a very competitive price.

He must have moved then as his profile says he is in Nottingshire.

He also seems very short of work as another posting of his about boiler installations says:-

I'll do it for £49.50 a day!

Tony

Firstly, yes, Broag Avanta Plus. Its the quality boiler, without a quality price, that no-one has ever heard of.

Secondly, when I spoke to Broag recently, they said that the installer didn't have to be registered with them to get the 5 yr. guarantee (2 yrs. labour). Quality of install was what seemed to count.

Do you need just the boiler, or rads as well.

Boilers2go.co.uk are doing a Broag 28c combi, with 7 rads, timer, Drayton TRVs, lockshields, flue, filling loop, etc, etc for less than a grand. Boiler on its own about £680. I have used them before, boiler is delivered on a pallet.

G4Y , You coming out the closet by saying your one of them. :LOL:
Soz Dave could not resist ;)

Secondly, when I spoke to Broag recently, they said that the installer didn't have to be registered with them to get the 5 yr. guarantee (2 yrs. labour). Quality of install was what seemed to count.

The interesting question is: are they willing to back that up in writing?
In another thread, the poster has been assured verbally by intergas that their warrantee is 3 years parts and labour.
Their written terms and conditions clearly say parts only, and only at their discretion, and only if it the boiler has been serviced by a preferred installer; a big difference between the sales spiel and the reality.

Fair comment, though I can only go on what the person on the phone told me.

Having said that, on the few that I have fitted, haven't needed to use the warrantee. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back