condensation under roofing felt

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, hope someone can help
I am just in the process of building a bungalow with rooms in the loft. I have just finished putting in insulation between the rafters and am about to get ready to put the plaster board up BUT i have noticed that i have condensation on the underside of the roofing felt.

I have a continuous vent along the eaves and the ridge of the roof is vented the whole way along. I have left a 50mm gap between the insulation and the felt.

Is this condensation normal at this time of year i.e. cold nights and with very little wind. Or should there be no moisture here at all. I thought that there should be enough ventilation although at the minute i cant feel any draughts but i just put this down to there being very little wind.

Ps. there is no heating or noboby is living in the building at the minute.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Sponsored Links
Cheers potatojunkie for the reply and the link.

some good information here but as far as i can see i have complied with what the regs and this document say. so just wondereing is there any thing else i can do or is this normal

is your problem the same and have you cured it

thanks.

have you checked all the vents are clear and not blocked with cob webs etc?

Sponsored Links
Cheers potatojunkie for the reply and the link.

some good information here but as far as i can see i have complied with what the regs and this document say. so just wondereing is there any thing else i can do or is this normal

is your problem the same and have you cured it

thanks.

Not cured sorry, I'm just finding out what a hatchet job the previous owners have done in converting the loft, I'm afraid I hoping Santa does roofs this christmas.

cheers guys for replies

if santa does do roofs for christmas can u send him my direction please :)

havent physically checked vents to see if there blocked but i doubt if they could be blocked the whole way along the eaves and ridge.

as for wet mortar or plaster its over a year since theres been any work like that done in the house

thanks for suggestions so far

any other ideas or theories???

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back