Problem with British Gas please help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
can anyone please advise me on the concern I have with British GAs

I have my internal plumbing covered by BG.

We had to have a cold water cistern replaced in our loft.

BG engineer came out and fitted two 50 gallon tanks in tandem to feed our hot water cylinder.

After 3 months we have a large build up of bacteria in the one tank.

We called out a plumber to see what the problem was and was told that the tanks have been installed incorrectly and that we have the water feed and outlet on the same tank and the link pipe between the two tanks is at the bottom of the tank so it is restricting the flow of water from this tank causing stagnation. He said that the water regs explain that the system should have two link pipes one near the top and one at the bottom and the inlet and oulet pipes on opposite tanks to create a good flow through the tanks and thus preventing stagnation. BG have sent out an engineer who said it looked fine and not to worry, and that he doesnt have water regulations certification so doesnt need to conform to them. Please help who is right? we have a young baby who we wash in this water so am really concerned about any health issue that may arise from the bacteria in the tank!

Sponsored Links
does this mean then that British Gas have performed an illegal installation? as they have installed something that is a hazard to health?

find the specific regulation numbers which apply and have been broken, then write to BG, even without regulations, logic would suggest this is wrong

Sponsored Links
scanQx.jpg

What you get from GAS SAFE clowns :rolleyes: . Just take a look @ their god-like posture on the plumbing forum :LOL: :LOL: Probably you might have had room for a " coffin tank" which is made for certain jobs ...and where a lot of Gas Fitters belong.

Back