Baxi 105e - DHW Diaphragm issue, or not?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Seems I may have a problem with the diaphragm here but wanted to check with the professionals first.

Turn on hot water tap and nothing happens. Cold only runs out until you turn up the flow, then the diaphragm operates, the plunger moves and the micro switch clicks, all is fine. BUT this will only happen when the water is on medium to full (was working on any flow until a day or so ago).

Once running it seems fine for a little while on any flow but once you leave the taps off for a little bit, maybe 5 minutes, then it will only work again when on high flow.

So I am guessing the diaphragm has a hole in it and it not working as it should be, or could there be something more sinister going on?

Sponsored Links
Yep starting to wear will go completly soon so time to change it.

Just the diaphragm will be ok on this.

No more than a tenner retail I would think.

Sponsored Links
Personally i would use the kit only costs 15 quid and comes with gland nut which are prone to leak after a while so kills 2 birds with one stone

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to say thanks. Used the kit, cost me £10 delivered so a bargain to boot. All fixed and hot water running again like it should be. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back