Jaguar 28KW Combi Boiler, how to change diaphragm?

Sponsored Links
Thank you to everyone who contribyuted to this thread. Part £10.96 (inc VAT), time 1 hour (no cost, it was me) and feeling at the end of it - priceless. ;)

i know this is lifting the dead but...
to remove the diaphragm do you need to empty the central heating or just turn off the water supply
thanks

Sponsored Links
thanks, i presume you take off the brass top hat / diaphragm assembly in order to replace it? or do you leave that insitu?

true but he does say to drain the CH and you dont, or does he mean drain the hot water at lowest tap

He was probably having a senior moment!

You only need to drain the hot/cold water!

Dont lose the clips!

Tony Glazier

thanks for the advise everyone.

fixed the boiler with a new diaphragm.
hardest part was getting the old venturi pipes out, with a bit of silicon grease they went back in easy peasy.
i bought the cheaper vokera maxin diaphragm part 0870 which fitted a treat.

Just replaced my diaphram as per instructions, Hot water back to normal. Thanks for great instructions. Part was £6 time was 30 mins. Cheers Jason

Hi,

We had our boiler checked and am told the diaphragm needs changing because we have no hot water.

I'm finding it hard to know which diaphragm to buy.

The plate on our boiler reads:
Jaguar model: 24 KTVJ15 (our manual says 23Kw wall hung combination boiler).

I believe the GC number is GC 4704716, but not 100%.

Several threads like this one, and the following one mention a Vokera Maxim:
//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=715863

If you search for "478218" on partscenter.co.uk, will the one displayed fit?

Or can anyone provide me with a link to the diaphragm I need?

Thanks,
Rave

I had two engineers round for this fault. One thought it was the switch (not the membrane), the other thought it was the membrane but said they can't buy just that, they need to change the whole pump block for £291+VAT! Note that we have the 23KW boiler and this part below fitted just fine.

Part to buy:
Search for: "E01-217" (GC number, it must have a dash in middle)
Part no: 463465
Name: Biasi BI1011102 domestic hot water pressure switch membrane
Price: £13.08+VAT+Delivery (Feb 2012)

Improved instructions for newbie's like me:
Fold the control unit down on left.

To remove the diaphragm, turn off cold water to boiler. You can turn off the main supply tap or the second tap in from the right under the boiler.

There are two differential tubes going into the top of the valve where the diaphragm is on the left side of the boiler, near the back (see photos on page 1).

Remove both clips holding these tubes in and remove with pliers and note the orientation of the clips – they fit into a slot.

There are two screws holding the valve in place. Unwind these a bit and the brass valve will come out.

Now undo the 6 screws, note which way the diaphragm is sat and replace with new one.

Put back together in reverse, replace the two o-rings if you can. Although, I found it easier to put the two differential tubes back in with the clips first, before refastening the valve.

Many thanks from me too. It really is simple. I managed it with no swearing or cursing, which is unusual for me.

I deserve a medal for how many people have benefitted from this thread! :LOL:

3 1/2 years old too. I dont think ive changed one of these myself since this thread started.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back