diaphragm replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just had the diaphragm replaced on a Ravenheat RSF 82ET due to no hot water trouble is i now have hot water but it takes an age to come through any tap when boiler is in DHW mode. When it is in DHW / CH mode the hot water is almost instant. When its on DHW only the radiators are all getting hot first. Could it be that the problem was also the diverter valve as well the diaphragm. The diaphragm definitely needed changing though as it had perished.

Sponsored Links
Could it be that the problem was also the diverter valve as well the diaphragm.

Very yes.

Dirty sytems stop DV's workings work. Cheap and nasty boiler so system probably not cleaned?

I've got exactly the same problem with my Worcester 240, hot water takes ages to arrives and then it's not very hot, however if the heating is on it arrives very quickly and very hot.

I was told it could be the diaphram, do you know if they can be cleaned or do they need replacing all together, what you doing with yours.

Diaphragms cost buttons - they split. About, oooo once in 6 times or so the diverter needs changing too. An identical diverter for either of your2 boilers will cost something between about £20 and £200 depending where you buy it.

You can strip a DV down and clean/lube everything with silicone grease. Ariston's repair kit has all the bits for either Ravers or Worcs 240.

Sponsored Links
before replacing the diaphragm the system had cleanser running through it for over a week and after replacement had protector added on refilling. Could be sludge though as some of the rads are cooler at the bottom than the top.

Spotted a valve for £36 + vat on ezyparts the make is gianni (italian) will this do the job. It might be a cheap boiler but has been in nearly 5 years without problems until now,. have i just been lucky up till now.

pg325 if your diaphragm looks anything like the one removed from my boiler it is a replacement job not cleaning, plus it might be as ChrisR says that the valve itself could need stripping and cleaning.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back