Diaphragm valve on a combi boiler

gasgeezer said:
diaphram has 6/8 screws at least one not accessible on boiler not rocket science if you do not isolate and drain boiler you get wet :rolleyes:

Why can you not remove the diaphragm housing and take the screws out then...its the same gianoni valve as on the biasis isn't it?

Sponsored Links
have just checked a thousand apologies affendi you can take housing off by removing two fixing screws was mixed up with another boiler worked on recently good debate/forum

I thought the DV was on the right so probably thinking of a different boiler anyway! What I forgot to point out was that IF the dv is a type with HOLES in the sides of the casting between the diverting bit and the diaphragm bit, then there must be a seal.
I got squirted by about my first one when the shaft moved when I took the diaphragm housing off, so I was draining boilers for quite a while. I think it was oilski who put me right!

Sponsored Links
gasgeezer said:
a thousand apologies affendi

Whats that word "affendi" ?

If its the Egyptian arabic word for "gentlemen" the its pronounced as if its spelt "offendi".

There were are quite a few arabic words that crept into the English language from the troops stationed in north Arfrica during WW II.

Example "bint" meaning "woman" although actually meaning "daughter".

Tony

Hate to challenge Toni's reminiscences of his years under Montgomery but I thought it was "effendi" - Turkish meaning "Sir". Careful what you type in a search engine these days - effendi.com is for something else.

Same word Chris, "Sir", "Gentlemen" etc.

Turkish, arabic all middle eastern languages with some similarities.

My memories of Montgomery are fading with time, evidently Chris remembers the desert campaigns better.

Tony

They probably both mean "Meesta".
Only recounting what Grandad told me!

Does anyone have the part number for the diaphragm for this diverter? I need one of these pretty soon.

Also to confirm, only the cold main needs isolating and draining off? Can i take the housing off by removing the two small screws next to the diaphragm?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back