Baxi 80e No CH

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I drained down the central heating and fitted a new radiator. I filled up the system and all the rads got hot. A few days later the central heating didn't come on. On investigation the boiler fired up on heating mode and the temperature lights increased from 30 to 80 in less than a minute. Then locked out. Pump is fine, no flashing lights on front panel.
Any ideas, thought it might be airlocked. Hot water mode is ok.

Sponsored Links
CHeck the auto air vent (behind the pump) is open.

Also check the boiler isolating valves are fully open.

Are you sure no one has turned off an isolating valve underneath the boiler. or filter in return valve blocked up

The Auto Air Vent is open, i heard the air come out of it when it filled up and boiler fired up, all valves are open. The pump is red hot and the flow pipe is hot to off the boiler but not much further down the pipe (no more than 300mm)

Sponsored Links
Found the problem, it was the micro switch on the central heating side which had stuck. Replaced it and all is well.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back