magnetic reed front door alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:oops:
Hi - Have fault showing up on alarm panel - noticed the magnetic reed on front door - cabling appeared slack - took it off
The cable is 4 core - black red blue and yellow - the cable going in are all connected to 4 of the 5 available connections on the reed
the cable going out to the next - a window connection - which works by vibration has only the blue and yellow connected - the red and black are not attached but do not appear to have been connected - i could be wrong
Should all cables be connected to complete the alarm system
please advise
regards

Sponsored Links
These devices should and prob will be wired to different circuits on your control unit the vibration device will pos go to a small pcb inside the control unit this is to analyze the vibrations. So what you say are wired sounds correct.

Hi
Not quite certain what you mean
Should I be connecting the two (red + Black) leads that are not connected to the red and black connections on the reed unit to complete the circuit.
Also I have a pir in this location - so to prove if this reed is faulty if i disconnect all and wire them all ie red to red black to black etc with block connectors should this complete the circuit for testing
regards
ps
thanks for prompt response

Sponsored Links
If your vibration detector is an Inertia type (old) it does not need 12v

If your vibration detector is a Viper type (newer) it does need 12v

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back