Rustoleum paint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
has anyone used this before?
im looking to paint some exterior railings and dont really want to use hammerite but this stuff sounds quite good.
Any feedback is appreciated

Sponsored Links
ch427.

Are the railings rusting, and if so is it your wish to apply a paint such as Hammerite or Rustoleum to cure the formation and reappearence of rust.

Very important here to offer detailed information.

Dec.

The railings have previous layers of paint and surface rust, i have stripped and rubbed them down and applied kurust. I then topcoated with an anti rust primer, i now wish to topcoat with a good paint that is easy to apply and will give good protection against further corrosion. I dont want to use hammerite as i find it difficult to a apply and not that good a product.

Sponsored Links
You are right in not wanting to use Hammerite it has very poor covering power, taking into account you prep so far I dont see a problem with the Rustoleum.

The formation of rust is reliant on both air and moisture, so if you removed the rust and then perhaps waited till the following day to apply the Kurust, the moisture in the air would have already condensed upon it thus causing the rust to reform. Any product then applied over it would be subject to early breakdown.

The removal of the rust, preparation and priming. Should be almost as one procedure allowing curing time only. And your finish coats should be applied as soon as possible.

If the rust reappears remove it and prime with a Zinc Phosphate Primer, then apply two coats of Dulux Metalshield gloss.

Hope this is of some help to you

Dec.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back