car battery

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a lockup unit with an Accenta G3 Alarm with speech dialler,
mains power has been disconnected (non payment)

can i hook up a 12v car battery on the batt terminals of alarm panel so to arm the system until mains power issue is resolved.

Not sure if car Battery voltage is stable for intruder panels your opinions please.

Sponsored Links
cant't see a prob with that .i have done it myself in the past in an emergency
although others may have different views.
'

Bear in mind that assuming the battery in the panel is already rather discharged there will be significant current flow between the two batteries as the equalise. I'd seriously consider disconnecting the panels current battery before hooking up the car battery.

Don't be tempted to hook a car up to charge the battery while it is still connected to the alarm panel. Car electrical systems are NASTY and should only be connected to equipment explicitly designed to tolerate them.

Cant see the point tbh.

if i was billy burglar, i would have the battery disconected before the dialler had a chance to dial out.

Really not going to provide much protection imo.

Pay the bill!! :p

Sponsored Links
Cant see the point tbh.

if i was billy burglar, i would have the battery disconected before the dialler had a chance to dial out.

Really not going to provide much protection imo.

Pay the bill!! :p
But a sensible thing to do in the mean time though.

Left out by mryoung :)

Why not buy a Solar charger.
Get a new alarm battery and connect all together.

Would not ecpect the car battery to last more than 14 days without a triclkle charge.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back