re-roofing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a bungalow 9x13m, which i am going to re-roof to give me a better pitch which will give me more space in the attic for bedrooms, as opposed to if i had straight converted it.
Anyway i plan to keep the original celing and ceiling joists and floor and re-roof between. This is so that we can all continue to live there during the construction.
Question is how do i keep it dry? I can see the ceiling being exposed for a good few weeks, and that my only option is scaffolding up with a temporary membrane sheeted roof. How much would you budget for something like this, or does anyone have any other ideas for me.?
Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
roofed scaffold is the answer a normal tin hat scaffold for a semi would probably run in at close to £5k in my area,probably half that for a bungalow.

you will probably require planning permission to alter your roofline.

Thanks Chappers
Was maybe thinking this forum was a bit of a clique.
I have planning thanks, just trying to budget and i was thinking around 5K so thanks for the confirmation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back