Re-roofing in stages

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having recently moved into a house that hasn't been touched for 69 years I am trying to make a small budget go a longish way without compromising on quality (yes, I can hear the laughter). I have a quote for total re-roof of £4000 which is about what I was expecting. The roof itself is in suprizingly good condition but would certainly need doing within the next 5-8 years (roofers words).
My quandry is this. I have scaffolding going up at the front and side for decorating and repointing on the stack. How practical would it be to get the front of the roof redone whilst the scaffolding is there? As a roofer would anyone be offended to be asked to do this?

All thoughts welcome.

X

Sponsored Links
What is wrong with the roof to require it to be replaced now?

If its not leaking, not shaling, not dropping tiles, then it can wait.

If the roof is symmetrical front/rear, then the cost of the front should be 1/2 the cost of the whole roof - except for a bit more for the ridge tiles. And doing just the front or back is quite common

The only issue, and its a minor one, is that the renewed section will weather more depending on when the rest is done, and so there may be some slight colour difference.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back